Coral says growing up in Springsure, Central Qld gave her many opportunities to enjoy an idyilic childhood. It was a time when kids had the freedom to roam and explore their surroundings, create adventures and let there imagination take flight in 1989 Coral moved to Rockhampton and had the opportunity to follow her heart and fully explore her life-long passion for art.
- Joined the Royal Qld Art Society in 1992
- Become a tutor for the society in 1996 to present day
- Achieved life membership of RQAS Inc in 2006
- Member of The Gallery Emu Park
Most Recent Awards
- 2016 Highly Commended Open Award Blackwater Competition
- 2016 Highly Commended Pastel Award Blackwater Competition
- 2014 Best Oil/Acrylic Aquisitive Award Sarina Art Extravaganza
- 2012 Best Oil/Acrylic Open Award Blackwater Competition
Coral’s inspiration is extended by visiting different places around Australia, exploring and absorbing the beauty and the spirit of this great land we call home — taking many photos during these excursions, some of which go on to become paintings. Coral says when painting, she slips into a world of her own — a magical healing beautiful place — where she tries to capture on canvas the spirit and the beating heart of this land as well as form and image — along with the emotion she feels for these places she’s drawn to paint.
Coral says her passion for painting is a loving obsession she will never grow weary of.